Grant writing strategies for Women Entrepreneurs
Join the WE-CAN community of women entrepreneurs for new insights and takeaways on the art of grant writing for small business owners.
Governments at all levels regularly provide grant opportunities to small businesses, these grants occur throughout the year and are designed to support small businesses in a variety of ways including, for example, with their training and development needs.
Female business owners, both new and experienced, sometimes hesitate to apply for grant opportunities due to a lack of experience or confidence with the process.
This 90-minute workshop is designed to build capacity for grant writing within the small business sector, specifically those owned by women. It will introduce owners, managers and staff to a variety of strategies and skills which will increase their comfort and confidence with grant writing.
Each of these strategies can be easily translated into concrete steps and action items. This seminar will increase participant’s readiness to engage with grant writing on behalf of their agencies and businesses.
Goals for this workshop include:
- To increase understanding of why it is important to be strategic with grant writing
- To clearly define long term and short-term grant writing strategies
- To increase familiarity with the marketing and business elements of a grant writing strategy
- To introduce participants to narrative elements in part of grant writing
- To introduce participants to a 3-stage model of grant writing
NOTE: Registered attendees will be emailed a Zoom link to the online session by separate email prior to the event.